Aesthetic medicine - facts and myths
It turns out that already over 80% of women in Poland are interested in methods that allow to maintain a young and healthy appearance. However, many people are afraid of the pain, scars or mask effect that may be associated with such treatments. What does it actually look like?
Aesthetic medicine is the removal of wrinkles. - Of course, rejuvenation is an important part of aesthetic medicine, but it will not be the only one. Removing skin defects resulting from acne, erythema or discoloration is also a very important action. Aesthetic medicine is not only the face, but the whole body. Doctors specialize, among others, in silhouette modelling or services in the field of aesthetic gynaecology. In each case, it is important to remember that these treatments are different in nature and we have to decide to perform them. The first visit, of course, will be extremely important. Then you can get to know the patient's expectations and determine the therapy that will give the best effect.
All treatments should be carried out in accordance with the biological age of the skin. Its condition depends on many factors, but as far as possible it should rather be avoided as long as possible. Let us decide on them as a last resort, when there will be no other option. Aesthetic medicine will also not be able to reverse all changes, but it may make it easier to reduce them to some extent.
3. after the treatment the face will lose its shape - Many people think that after the injection of botox the skin will lose its natural appearance. Patients are afraid that they will have to undergo surgery all the time. Here it will be true that the treatments are not for life and you have to repeat them if you want to maintain the effect. When the botox stops working, the skin will be smoothed out a little bit, because it can regenerate. If the treatment is not repeated, you can expect your skin to age anew.
4. after the treatments you will have a mask effect - Botox, so the botulinum toxin works only at the injection site. Botox weakens the muscles and therefore they will regenerate here. These are mimic muscles that cause wrinkles to be visible. Specialist doctors will perform such a procedure, so that it is as little as possible to see that botox has appeared, doctors strive to maintain the natural effect as far as possible. Therefore, if you choose a good specialist for the treatment you do not have to worry about the effect of the mask.
5. Mouths have an unnatural shape - while watching films, probably many women dream of beautiful, large lips as famous actresses do. At the same time, however, we could often see the inefficient effects of lip augmentation procedures. Considering such a procedure for yourself, it is worth thinking about a clinic that specializes in these procedures so that the services for us will be performed by a person who will be well prepared to do so, will act professionally.
6. aesthetic medicine procedures are not safe - By definition, each procedure may carry some risk of complications, which the patient should be familiar with, but before any action on the part of the physician begins. The degree of risk when it comes to aesthetic medicine is not particularly high. Therefore, if you choose a clinic that is well equipped and has high quality equipment at its disposal, it will certainly meet our expectations and you will not have to be afraid of side effects of such procedures.
7. the procedures are painful - each person has a different threshold of pain, of course. This depends on the individual circumstances. For one person the treatment can be felt as pleasant, and someone else will already feel pain and discomfort. That is why it depends on the person, but you can always use some kind of local anesthesia.